INCLUSIVE LANGUAGE AND COMMUNICATION
Inclusive Language and Communication
In this training, we work specifically with inclusive language and communication. Our unconscious biases are rooted in language, and therefore it is necessary to be aware of and consider our own use of language if we want to implement an inclusive language.
In an international organization, an important part of inclusive language will be about how we speak our common language English. In this course, we co-create tips for inclusive English, and we provide our specific advice and guidance for (written and oral) inclusive English.
Being an inclusive communicator means communicating in a way where everyone feels included and valued in their group, even when communicating in other ways than the norm or majority. In an international organization with people from all over the world, there will be particular variations in relation to how confrontational and direct it is appropriate to be, how much non-verbal communication comes into play, etc.
YOU SHOULD CHOOSE THIS TRAINING IF
- You want to confront the unconsciously excluding language
- You want to increase the inclusion of diversity by focusing on language
THE TRAINING WILL GIVE YOU, AMONGST OTHER THINGS
Specific knowledge about
- How our unconscious biases are rooted in our use of language
- Inclusive English in an international workplace
- Language as an inclusion tool
- Gain insight into the role of language in exclusive versus non-inclusive practices
- Move your language from unconsciously exclusive to consciously inclusive
- Be more inclusive in a diverse work environment in both writing and speech
- Implement a more inclusive English aiming towards clearer communication and making everyone feel more secure in contributing to decision-making processes, idea development, etc.
- Become aware of your own verbal and non-verbal + written and oral communication style
WORKSHOPS, COURSES, LECTURES OR ONE-TO-ONE TRAINING?
We always focus on your specific needs and put together a program that is based on your reality and industry. Before the training, you will therefore receive a questionnaire so that from your answers, we can clarify your needs and challenges. We tailor your workshop, course or lecture based on the knowledge from the questionnaires and dialogues with you.