DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
How to achieve the diversity bonus
Diversity and inclusion training
Cognitive diversity and unconscious bias
Collaboration in diverse teams reveals differences in expectations, working methods, ways of thinking etc., which can complicate the collaboration. But working in diverse groups also has great potential. Studies show that diverse teams have the potential to perform and innovate about 30% better than non-diverse teams.
Diversity in groups can, in other words, both be an obstacle and a competitive advantage for your organization or team.
It takes more than just setting a diverse group – it takes an inclusive mindset to achieve the DIVERSITY BONUS in the workplace, where you truly benefit from the cognitive diversity of your team members and the range of perspectives, creativity and innovation this offers.
In our Cognitive Diversity and Unconscious Bias workshop, you will gain new evidence-based knowledge about how diversity factors such as cultural background, gender, personality, professional background and age may influence each team member’s preferences.
We unveil your own unconscious bias and support your journey from unconscious to conscious bias, followed up by training new perspectives, training to look a certain situations and people through a new unbiased lens.
We will discuss how unconscious bias affect and shapes your behaviour and communication. To unbias your perspective, communication and behaviour is not a quick-fix, but during the workshop you will end up with strategies for on how to work with an unbiased and inclusive mindset as an individual, and/or as a team.
The workshops on cognitive diversity and unconscious bias are interactive with exercises and reflections to assure that the new knowledge transfers into competences and inclusive behaviour.
During the workshop, we will work with the following topics:
- Understanding how diversity factors can improve ‘cognitive diversity’
- Culture (national, organizational)
- Personality types
- Professional background
- Challenge your unconscious bias
- What is an inclusive mindset, and what does it take to develop it?
- Achieving the diversity bonus:
- Hands-on strategies to work effectively across these differences and how to benefit from the cognitive diversity in the group
- From theory to practice:
- Diversity teams: Playing it out in simulated real life situations
- Building personal – and team strategies on how to acheive the diversity bonus and how to develop a more inclusive mindset (collectively or individually
YOU SHOULD CHOOSE THIS WORKSHOP IF
- You are a team with team members with different backgrounds
- You are a manager who wants to focus on diversity and unconscious bias within your team/organization
THIS WORKSHOP WILL GIVE, AMONGST OTHER THINGS
Specific knowledge about
- How to achieve the diversity bonus in your team
- Which tools and develop competences to use to become a more inclusive leader/colleague
- How to make strategies for how you as an individual and as a team
- How to train an inclusive mindset
- Create a more inclusive team
- Motivate your team with a focus on unconscious bias
- Give appropriate feedback
- Achieve the competitive advantage your diverse team holds
WORKSHOPS, COURSES, LECTURES OR ONE-TO-ONE TRAINING?
We always focus on your specific needs and put together a program that is based on your reality and industry. Before the training, you will therefore receive a questionnaire so that from your answers, we can clarify your needs and challenges. We tailor your workshop, course or lecture based on the knowledge from the questionnaires and dialogues with you.