SERVICE ACROSS CULTURES
Cultural intelligence, cultural understanding
Did you know that 80% of employees in the service industry believe that they provide an extraordinary service, but only 8% of customers think the same?
One of the biggest challenges of servicing international clients is that the expectations for service are often not the same as those of the person supplying the service. The definition of good service is not universal, but is in fact culturally defined. People from different parts of the world have different expectations of service. A lack of awareness of how our cultural backgrounds affect our expectations for service can sometimes create bad experiences and thus negative publicity.
YOU SHOULD CHOOSE THIS TRAINING IF
- You offer services in Denmark to clients or guests with different cultural background
- You have employees that travel around the globe and offer service on their product
THIS TRAINING WILL GIVE YOU, AMONGST OTHER THINGS
Specific knowledge about
- The cultural differences that influence your customers’ experience of your service, and their expectations of it
- The five service dimensions, that is the 5 most important factors that determine whether a services is seen as good or bad, and how culture affects which of these factors the customers or guests prioritise in the context of service.
- The Danish concept of “good service”, and how this differs from the rest of the world
- Why some international customers perceive the Danes as being impolite
- Adjust and differentiate your service according to which customer or guest you are servicing
- Optimise your intercultural service
- Develop strategies that optimize the service staff’s daily routine
WORKSHOP, COURSE, LECTURE, OR ONE-TO-ONE TRAINING?
At the training, you can opt to make culture profiles for the service staff using the tool called GlobeSmart. Through Globesmart you are able to compare your individual profile to a general profile for your nationality and for the nationality of your customers. This allows you to map the main cultural differences and form the basis for the design of new strategies in the creation of a differentiated service. We are also certified in a number of other personality tests, team and cultural tools, which you can choose to integrate in your training. See more here.
We always focus on your specific needs and put together a program that is based on your reality and industry. Before the training, you will therefore receive a questionnaire so that from your answers, we can clarify your needs and challenges. We tailor your workshop, course or lecture based on the knowledge from the questionnaires and dialogues with you.