A training session in cultural understanding introduce the students to terms such as identity and culture and give them the competencies to act culturally intelligent in their everyday lives. The students will get knowledge about how social, cultural and historical factors shape culture and will in this way get a better understanding of why cultures act in different ways. We also focus on identifying the many communities the young people are part of. The session illustrates the Danish mindset from a global perspective, but will also focus on a multicultural context and include examples from all over the world.The training give students the competencies to see past prejudice and meet new people with curiosity and understanding and thus build up more tolerance.
We offer the sessions to” folkeskoler”, high schools, technical schools, “efterskoler” and “højskoler”.
YOU SHOULD CHOOSE THIS TRAINING IF
- You are a teacher in a school or higher education
THIS TRAINING WILL GIVE THE STUDENTS
Specific knowledge about
- General cultural understanding
- Danish culture and values seen from the outside
- The different cultural communities we are part of
- How we train our global mind-set and become more tolerant and inclusive towards people with different values and backgrounds
- How the students are shaped by their own cultural way of seeing the world
- Act culturally intelligent in their everyday lives
- Understand how social, cultural and historical factors shape cultures