cultural understanding in education
A training session in cultural understanding introduce the students to terms such as identity and culture and give them the competencies to act culturally intelligent in their everyday lives. The students will get knowledge about how social, cultural and historical factors shape culture and will in this way get a better understanding of why cultures act in different ways. We also focus on identifying the many communities the young people are part of. The session illustrates the Danish mindset from a global perspective, but will also focus on a multicultural context and include examples from all over the world.The training give students the competencies to see past prejudice and meet new people with curiosity and understanding and thus build up more tolerance.
SHOULD CHOOSE THIS TRAINING IF
- You are a teacher in a school or higher education
THIS TRAINING WILL GIVE THE STUDENTS
Specific knowledge about
- General cultural understanding
- Danish culture and values seen from the outside
- The different cultural communities we are part of
- How we train our global mind-set and become more tolerant and inclusive towards people with different values and backgrounds
- How the students are shaped by their own cultural way of seeing the world
- Act culturally intelligent in their everyday lives
- Understand how social, cultural and historical factors shape cultures
WORKSHOP, COURSE, LECTURE, OR ONE-TO-ONE TRAINING?
Did you know that a US survey showed that people only remember 10% of what you say in an oral presentation? But if you combine with visual aids, the audience will remember about 50%. Thus, at ConnectingCultures we focus on visual and interactive learning. A workshop in Cultural Understanding in Education provides knowledge and gives competencies in cultural identity through games, quizzes, culture jeopardy and much more. Students can expect an educational workshop that includes fun elements and challenges their personal attitude to culture.
We always focus on your specific needs and put together a program that is based on your reality and industry. Before the training, you will therefore receive a questionnaire so that from your answers, we can clarify your needs and challenges. We tailor your workshop, course or lecture based on the knowledge from the questionnaires and dialogues with you.