ConnectingCultures equip you to manage the multicultural classroom in a culturally intelligent way. During the workshop you will get insight and theoretical knowledge about intercultural communication, inclusive teaching, intercultural didactics and conflict management in a multicultural classroom. In addition you will get concrete tools and ideas to how you can organize and carry out your teaching. By identifying Danish education tradition and compare it to other countries’ education traditions, you will get a better understanding of where and how it can seem strange for students from other cultures. We focus on converting the competencies, you achieve from the workshop, to practice when organizing and carrying out your teaching.
YOU SHOULD CHOOSE THIS TRAINING IF
- You are a teacher with students from different cultures.
THE TRAINING WILL GIVE YOU
Specific knowledge about
- Theory about intercultural communication, inclusive teaching, intercultural didactics, the multicultural classroom and intercultural conflict management.
- How Danish education tradition differs on a global level
- How you become a culturally inclusive teacher
- Organize education programmes so all students feel involved
- Design exercises, tasks and group compositions that will bring the multicultural qualifications at play in a positive and inclusive way.
- Motivate and engage your students in a culturally intelligent way
- Put together dynamic multicultural groups
- Manage conflicts in a multicultural context